RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM
marktw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Howdy fellas, It finally happened......I got through all 247 pages of this forum I was hoping to find the definitave setup for the 2 NQD's I have but now I'm going to have to start over because I didn't take enough notes, actually I figured technology would be very different between 2007 and now. It's fantastic that all of you have shared so much info but it is mind boggling. If anyone has a NQD or something similar that they have figured out the perfect setup, other than putting it in the trash, please give me a list of specifics. So far I've narrowed it down to 60-90-120 ESC, 2200-3900kv brushless motor, 120gms lead in front of the pod. ditch Lisa and make a foam figure, stick a bunch of brass tubes inside each other for a shaft, get a 2.4ghz tx&rx, several 2s-3s 5000mah batteries, deans connectors(?), chargers and power suppliy. I'm sure I'm leaving out many things but brain overload calls for a cold one or 12. Looking at Hobbyking and OCS(?) is see I have narrowed it down to some 600 or so choices. Any help making a "here's what I'm gonna by list" would be much appreciated. Please keep in mind I can afford a $50 radio but not a $200 one. Surfable waves here in LA (Lower Alabama) are few and far between and I live 30 minute from the coast but it sure looks like a good use of free time when the little waves are here. In the late 60's a friend of mine and I would sit on the beach thinking how great it would be if we were tiny and could ride the itty-bitty shorebreak -nows my chance.
Thanks for any help.
Mark in Mobile