RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are Tamiya tanks relevant at their cost?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Are Tamiya tanks relevant at their cost?

ORIGINAL: ausf

ORIGINAL: lposter

Nobody takes up tennis and decides to buy the best racquet they can lay their hands on.

p

No, but many would be musicians are turned off by 'entry' level instruments that are unplayable.

It's really about quality control for HL. Same thing happens with RC planes. Tons of people fall for the cheap 'beginner' planes that inevitably end in disaster, driving potential enthusiasts away. Out of 4 HLs, I have yet to have one in perfect condition or function properly out of the box. It's okay because I can deal with it, but I bet for every one of me, there's 10 out there that either return it or stick it on a shelf, never to try again.

You're darn right we want HL to stick around, they have their act together now with some quality RTR's that are not available in the Tamiya line.

But I do not believe it will be a death sentence to the hobby if they disappear... it will just mean the entry level will be gone and it will become more expensive for everyone to continue. But like the 1/18 collectable line that has almost all but left the market, people will still have them to trade and sell and modify but it will go on.

My Shermans depend on that. [X(]

~ Jeff