sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Building a cowling plug

ORIGINAL: Leroy Gardner

ORIGINAL: sidgates

ORIGINAL: Leroy Gardner

ORIGINAL: wyowindworks

Thanks for comments, Leroy. I'm a person who likes to know the how and why so I can fully apply and trouble shoot a composites problem and improve my composites skills. Some just want to know the ''what to do''. I apologize for cluttering up your thread with info that you found unhelpful. Best wishes on your project. I hope that it comes out awesome.

Please take no offence, my only intent was to suggest to get this down to entry level and make it more understandable to the novice. At this point I well know there is a technical side to the many types of composits and are used for different things for different reasons all of which I know nothing about and thats what I was trying to get across. Keep it as simple as possible just makes it easier for the new guy on the block.

I will get mine done because I just don't give up, right or wrong and I ask questions along the way and have already learned enough to know if I do it again I ''will'' do it another way. I like the desolved foam way Bob mentioned further up and that means another plug, yikes. Leroy

I am pleased you are happy with your result. I have done extensive fiber glass molding work the past 3 years. I almost always learn something new from WyoWindWorks posts. I realize his comments may seem technical at times but they can save you from learning molding lesson the hard way.
You said a mouthfull and don't even know it. I have done ''extensive'' fiberglass molding work for the past 3 yr's, problem is you forgot as well as others where you started, little or no knowledge in the beginning. You started with the basics and worked your way up. I have taught many men and some women the fine art of fabracation, welding and a host of other things all with a learning curve and it's no different with fiberglassing or anything else. The only difference is , the more technical it is the longer the learning curve is. I see it all over the Universe, big long technical answers to the most basic questions and ofter not even answering the original question instead it turnes into a format for others to argue and assert there point of view. Case in point, some of that was going on here and it's going on on other threads.

I don't put anyone down for what they know but when it gets to the point of being out of control I'm not afraid to say something to get back on track not to insult or offend anyone, maybe they will learn something too.
I haven't forgotten where I started and I know exactly what I said above. I still wish I had the advantage of some of the "techincal" post above before I started. Over and Out