RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF

ORIGINAL: m3_express

The Spit looks great just like the FW190 but I'm bummed as it seems TF is forgetting about us guys who can't fly GS due to our small fields. Seems like TF is forgoing .60 size and just releasing GS.... Bummer.

M3.
You're in CA....aren't there other fields somewhat close to you that are larger? I did a check on AMA's webiste and there are a ton of model airplane clubs around Irvine and a slew out to 25 mile radius...and then a good deal more further then that(using 92602 as the starting zipcode)

Pomona club has two fields
Prado airpark has an 800 ft paved runway. open to all types of planes.
Norten field is 490ft and open to planes up to 81"

Anehiem is 9.6 miles and has provision for giant scale planes as well as float planes.

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND CIRCLE is 10.7 miles from 92602..... has paved and grass runways. Engine size limit of 80cc's so I think that would accomodate a giant scale 50cc plane.

TRABUCO FLYERS is 11 miles.....has paved runway....giantscale...etc 450ft paved runway with 220ft side angle taxiway and covered pit areas.

CIRCLE CITY FLYERS INC 13.5miles

Hell...I drive 20 minutes to get to our field....seems like you have a lot of options and aren't limited to 60 size planes.