RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf rookie questions
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf rookie questions

I forgot to answer your question about incidence---My model still has a little positive incidence and should rotate just fine. What can make a model difficult to rotate are: Mains placed too far behind the CG and zero or negative incidence as the model is sitting on the ground. (Or a combo of both) There are exceptions to these rules and what I described is very general.

Some have discovered that if a model has a high incidence when on the ground the plane MUST be slow enough on landing to not try to get airborne again. When this happens you can bounce the plane on landing. I'm trying to reduce the tendency for this model to bounce. This model is very similar to the Kangaroo---Which earned its' name from beating the runway to death when bouncing. With the Kangaroo, some have found that if you shorten the nose strut and take some of the spring out of the nose strut by cutting off a few coils (This makes the action of the strut softer) the tendency to bounce is lessened. I'm just going in the opposite direction by using longer struts on the mains.

Kevin