RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC controlled 1/10Th scale buggy's, truggys trucks and everything in between
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 AM
ou2mame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC controlled 1/10Th scale buggy's, truggys trucks and everything in between

I've always been into nitro, never did understand electric, but I guess with brushless, at least the power is getting there. and if you want to race, come to long island, ny

and yeah, my point is just price, used vs new. All my current nitros were bought used, you just have to know what to look for. Check the carb real good, compression, leaks, etc. I turned down a truck because the guy selling it didn't know what he was talking about, so I didn't trust his breakin procedure skills. but if you are careful you can definitely score a good deal. I see slayer pro rollers for anywhere from 125-175, plus 150 for a motor with clutch and ezstart or pull or what have you, puts you at about half the truck's worth new. I'm just saying that the redcat + upgrades to make it managable, is about the same price as used + repairs if you find something worth repairing, or doing required maintenance on. But this isn't a hobby for people who have absolutely no funds to get into, but I do like to be fiscally responsible, and the redcat just wasn't that. I was excited about redcat when I first looked them up, I thought that there was a good chance that they made something of decent quality or design. Later, after running a few gallons through it, I realized that it wasn't that at all. It was just some weird hpi knockoff.