RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC controlled 1/10Th scale buggy's, truggys trucks and everything in between
Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC controlled 1/10Th scale buggy's, truggys trucks and everything in between

rchobby, I'm glad someone else was able to see it. There is nothing worse than people coming on here and just posting out and out lies. Its fine to give your opinion and say you had a bad experience with Redcat and that you don't like there brand. But to say some of these things that ou2mame said shows only 1 of 3 things. 1. He just doesn't know as much as he says he does. 2. He's actually been told this from hobby shops "which I believe" and has taken it as truth. 3. He's just a troll. I think number 1 is probably not the case. He probably does have hobby grade experience and just doesn't see the difference between a $200 rtr and a $400 rtr. Personally I think its a combination of 2 and 3. I know two different dealers and both have told me that Traxxas has "leaned" on them to remove Redcat from their stores. Traxxas hasn't come out and said you cannot sell our product with Redcat in the shop , bit they've been told selling Redcat diminishes their reputation as a dealer. That if they want to continue their relationship with Traxxas they need to just let their Redcat inventory sell out. The two dealers I know have decided to stick with Redcat, and Traxxas has not closed their account, instead they reduced their dealer discount. This is what big companies due when they can't compete. Yes we've discussed the quality difference of a Volcano compared to a Revo, but to a new customer on a budget that wants a monster truck, the only offering is a Stampede which is over $100 more, and not $100 more value. Traxxas least expensive 1/10 scale is the brushed bandit, right at $190. For that money you can get a brushless Tornado pro which is a far better buggy. Traxxas does not want Redcat stealing away its entry level customers.

Then there is the lies about the dealer rules. I know personally Redcat does not discourage brick and mortar stores. When I contacted Redcat about becoming a dealer they denied my request because I didn't have a shop. They cont have a problem with internet sales, but they want they're product out on the shelves where customers can see and touch it. Also a real dealer is often the first step of warranty claims and customer support which Redcat is all about. Now ou2mam's beloved HPI is completely the opposite. When I contacted them about stocking their products, they had no interest about how they're carried. They directed me to their central distributor who's only requirement was a $4000 first purchase order and proof of a website you'll be selling from. Sorry to say it, but when you come on here and just post lies like this, it just discredits anything else you have to say.