RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Evolution 10cc gas engine
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
FlatSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Evolution 10cc gas engine

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

ORIGINAL: tkg

Why would a 10cc gasser need metal gears, when a 10cc glow doesn't?

ORIGINAL: skip1320

Ridiculous,ALL gassers should have metal gear,really wish the moderators would eliminate all the repition,and blind leadn blind for safty alone,like automatic link to the newbie thread.
Agreed. No where in this thread have I read that this gas version vibrates to any real degree more than the glow version...
In my personal experience with the Evo 10cc, it does vibrate more than an OS 55AX. Not a serious amount more, but as others have confirmed, it does shake the muffler screws apart until you get them “worn in” (heat treated?). You still need to do periodic checks on all the screws too. Granted, the OS 55 muffler screws needed checked the first few flights, but after a couple of flights they’re good to go. I haven’t had any screws coming loose on my OS 55 in over 3 years. So far, the Evo needs everything checked every 2-3 flights, “just to be sure”, including the idle stop screw. [:@]

I personally don’t think a standard servo is a risk on this engine, but anything larger than a 10-15cc and you should use something besides plastic gears. I’ve been using digital Karbonite servos on my DLE 20 for about 2 years with no issues. I have metal gear servos on my OS 33.

Dave