RCU Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Dust + 2.4GHz
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Diamond Dust + 2.4GHz

I guess the jet age set in after the war...and there were a lot of bad apples among those planes in the early years...

The problem over here with flying model airplanes is this: you're basically not allowed to fly them anywhere! You can't "officially" fly on agricultural land, because then you're doing a recreational activity in an area destined for agriculture. You can't fly em on recreational land, because they are "quiet zones", no noise allowed. And you certainly are not allowed to fly on industrial, residential or, god forbid, "green" land.
So that's it, you can't fly anywhere.

Now, we managed to get an exception for our club years ago (we are in an agricultural zone), and we have a good understanding with farmers, landowners and the people who live in the vicinity.
But we do have to be careful, because one noise related complaint is enough to get the red tape machine ticking again, and once you get entangled in that mess there's no end in sight really.

And if you plan a trip, let me know! I'll put you up for a few days, play tour guide and take you down to the club for a cold one. As it happens we're just building a brand new clubhouse, and it's going to be quite comfortable...