View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Eshore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caldera 10E speed run with Lipo

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Eshore

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I would think a proper 540 sized motor running a ESC of 60 or more amps should be able to run 55 or better on 3s.
A VXL system could push it to 60mph with proper gearing.

Speed runs are kinda fun, but at those speeds any rc becomes hard to control. Especially if it has larger tires which ballon alot at speed.

Im sure you noticed on 3s that the front tires ballon alot if you get on the throttle too fast.

You're right they will balloon. I guess when I find me a nice pair of tires, I'm gonna tape them like I did my other RC's and then I won't have to worry about that anymore hopefully. But if I get the right 540 & ESC do you think I will mess up the gears running on 3s, and if so what gears would you recommend upgrading, because I really like this truck and will be bashing with it & also will be on a friends track. dirt track, I want to have it reliable. Or I'll be back running the 2wd Stampede again, and I want to use the Caldera with 4wd.

bigger motor, plus 3s lipo can damage the gears. Thats the main reason I suggest an ESC with adjustable punch control and brakes. These features will make up for the truck not having a slipper clutch.
If the diff gears do give up, you can install the upgrade ring and pinion option for the 8e line. They are the same, just hardened steel.
Ok thats sounds good, and the wife said she going to give me a gift of buying an upgrade system for my Caldera, so I want to have one that is going to give me a boost but also reliable. Thats why I asked you 100 questions regarding because I'm hoping to come to you and get right thing. lol