RCU Forums - View Single Post - Epx Pro Pede shaft upgrade
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Johnathond22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epx Pro Pede shaft upgrade

Due to constant drive train trouble I have been seeking a better solution for dogbone replacement for some time now, I have custom made several items including grade 8 axles which only led to wear and tear on c cups. The most recent mod I can call a success is the adapting of the EPX Pro to accept Traxxas Stampede drive shafts. It requires the metal oil bearings from redcat and two of the outer bearings that are common used on this model. The hexs will also have to be replaced with those made for the S30 Nitro Volcano. The only part that is custom made is the diff output shaft that needs to be round to accept the inside drive shaft adapter. I have included a few pics and will update this post with the end results of performance. If anyone has successfully adapted a solution for drive train on the EPX that provides longer lasting results than dogbones please share as I am willing to try anything to be able to bash all day without camping out by the toolbox

As a stock truck the EPx pro was an excellent starter and since I changed my tires and changed my pinion to 17t with 30c Lipos it has been hard to keep the wheels pulling. I'm just posting this for a Redcat fans that just wish we had a little bit more options.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52511.jpg
Views:	1000
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1856837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90112.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1856838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12309.jpg
Views:	1256
Size:	73.0 KB