RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caldera 10E speed run with Lipo
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Eshore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caldera 10E speed run with Lipo

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

its better to ask 100 Q's then to figure this stuff out the way I have...LOL.
Ive shredded a few drivetrains...toasted some motors and such in my time.

Im working on a 1/5 scale brushless truck based off a Traxxas slash...used redcat 8e earthquake tires and a redcat Rampage body.
Dimentions right now are about 30 inches long, 17 inch wheel base and a 16 inch track. Its huge.

I built one out of a stampede a year or 2 ago, but this time around Ive modded the suspension better to give more width.

Anytime you get board with the hobby, you can always jump into a new segment/type or go crazy and build something totally unique. Or as you have found, upgrade what you got and make it perform very different. 2s and 3s lipos made a huge change in the truck, and a larger motor/esc combo will just add to the new top speed you have found.
Do you think the setup you recommending for me and the Caldera 10E will be good for bashing and dirt track running with hills/ramps because my friend is finishing his track soon and I would love to ride with them on it. I didn't know how bad it would be on gears, & heat running 2s/3s lipo. Because I want that extra punch and speed, but would like to put my ducks in a row on any other parts I may need to acquire along with the upgrade system.