RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Crosshair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Well I probably shoulda read this before ordering, but I went with the MMP and 5700kv 1406 Castle set up. Did it through Easy Pay on Tower so technically it still fits in my budget. lol.

What's the best "bang for your buck" battery out there with a relatively high C? I found a few that look good that could fit into my budget for next week. For now, I have a Losi 40c, but due to a brain lapse, when I went to change the balancing connector to fit with my charger,one balancingwire fried all the way down into the hard case because I cut all 3 wires at once. Rookiemistake. :/So it can't be balanced. Now it's on light use in my E-start for the nitros. Maybe I can take the hard case off and see if there's still a nub down in there that I could solder a piece to, but I just haven't had the time yet. Iseem to be reading fantastic things about MaxAmp batteries, but I can't afford one right now. Wayyyy too expensive.

Rob -looks like you have lots of fun toys, man. I'd imagine that the power you gained traded about even with the added weight.

Also, what other spur gears will work with the storm? I've only foundthe stock87t, and an88t.Just looking for different gearing options.

I found this RC speed calculator on Scryptasylum by backtracking through this thread.Kinda interesting to see what the potential output is of different KV motors, voltage, and tire combos.

New motor will be here Thursday... But I won't have time till Sunday to put it all together and test it out.