RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Vehicles Coming Soon
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New Vehicles Coming Soon

ORIGINAL: lifeismuddy

Got a little chance to remove the side panels off the Mirage to look around a lil. looks as tho this will handle a 4s lipo hmm cant wait to try that this rips as it is on 3s! teardown for any repairs is going to be a pita!!! took 7 very small screws just to see into the side of the vehicle. I am very impressed so far for the build quality of this vehicle. the battery tray will offer plenty of room for a 4s once you remove the foam filler. not sure on the servo torque as it is unbranded altho it does seem to do a very good job at turning this thing and with the tires being smaller it shouldnt be as hard on the servo as say the earthquake is. The radio i am not overly impressed with its the same radio design as the sumo and tremor vehicles, I would of hoped for at least a cover over the buttons so no accidental adjustments range seems very good as I ran it as far as I could see and never lost signal. the radio runs off of 3 AA batteries another disappointment as that tends to cut down on signal strength at a distance and they do not last as long as 1 would like. the imitation light bar has provisions to add leds, the aluminum shocks handle the jumps very well had a little bottoming on the bigger launches tonight but that is straight out of the box no adjustments or oil changes so that can be improved easily. Altho I do not see a need for a real spare tire its a great realistic addition you normally do not even see on the higher dollar vehicles. Overall for $300.00 I feel this is a great deal and I will be putting this to a better test this weekend and hopefully can get the wife to do some vids!!!!
I was wondering about 4s.
Redcat hasnt posted specs on the motor, but I assume if they put a 4s capable ESC then the motor can handle 4s as well.
The fact that the battery tray is large enough for a 4s supports that.
I assume the reason for the 3s lipo is both cost, and that the system will run best/last longer on 3s.

Care to guestimate on the speed? Sounds like you have had an earthquake 8e. How would you compare the speed/power to that beast?

Not sure how I feel about it having a radio like the tremor. I like that it takes only 3 "AA" batts, but it doesnt have as nice a feel as the rebranded flysky you get with most of the other models.

Its funny you mention you wish it had a cover like the other radios....my buddy ripped the cover off his RCR-2CNR cause he hated opening it every time he wanted to adjust trims. But then, He had mulitple models bound to the 1 radio.

If you thought the 7 small screws was bad, watch jang's review of the axial exo. If I recall, it was 12 screws, and there were 3 different sized of screws makeing up those 12!

My mirage arrives tomorrow. Cant wait to see the UPS guy.