RCU Forums - View Single Post - SMALL Steps 2013: May 30-June 2 at Wrightsville, Arkansas
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SMALL Steps 2013: May 30-June 2 at Wrightsville, Arkansas

It is that time of year again to start thinking about SMALL near Little Rock, AR!

My good flying buddy Richard Ng asked to me transplate these details from another web site over to the gang here at RCU.

SMALL 2013 will take place May 30-June 2, 2013 (Thursday-Sunday) at the FARM Club Field, on the east side of Wrightsville, Arkansas.

Wrightsville is south of Little Rock. This will be the 23rd SMALL.

SMALL is for RC, Control Line, and Free Flight models of all types powered by electric motors, fuel engines .25 cu in or smaller (CL fuel engines may be larger), rubber, and even hand launch. Model Rockets of solid fuel and air/water types were flown again last year. Innovative and different from the ordinary models are welcome. The field is very large, flat, and open and can easily accommodate all of these types of flying. There is a session of indoor electric flying and I will post details when I get them.

A map to the field is at this link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CDIQ8gEwAA

You can use the "Get Directions" button to get driving directions from your location.

GPS Users: This street address for the FARM Club Field gate works with my Garmin Nuvi GPS:

6855 Hwy 386
Little Rock, AR 72206

On my Garmin GPS, when you put "Hwy 386" into your GPS for the street, you leave off the "Hwy" prefix and just put in "386". I know it says Little Rock, but my GPS says it doesn't have a "Wrightsville" when I do a search for it and "Little Rock" works. There are differences in map databases and your GPS may give a slightly different location, but I know this works for Garmin Nuvi. Google maps puts this location at 6517 Hwy 386, Little Rock, AR 72206

Google Maps GPS Coordinates given are :+34° 35' 55.71", -92° 12' 39.83"
To use them with my Garmin Nuvi GPS, I had to enter them as :
N 34° 35' 55.7"
W092° 12' 39.8"

Bobby Moran ( [email protected] ) is the event CD.

SMALL is being hosted by the FARM Club or Fraternal Association of Radio Control Modelers Club. You will find their website here: http://farmtls.com/