RCU Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful new bird
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:35 AM
mjfrederick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My beautiful new bird

ORIGINAL: Jeff Worsham

Beautiful is right! Electric or Glow version?
Glow version. Also, keep in mind the total weight listed includes generic hardware provided by the factory that most pattern pilots would never use on their airplanes, plus extra miscellaneous things that aren't necessarily going to be included in the construction. Bryan has said the electric version can be expected to come in around 2350 - 2400g without electronics. The glow version should be around 2500g without radio/engine. Being the perfectionist that he is, Bryan won't rest until every gram that can be shed has been shed, and will continue to work with the factory to refine the electric version even further since this is only their first attempt at making the LTE version. The first shipment included 10 Shindens from 2 different production runs, and as we were inspecting the delivery last night it was obvious that even between the 2 production runs there were refinements to shed weight. It will only get better from here.

As a comparison the glow-powered Shinden I flew in the Nats last year made weight with fuel. Without fuel I seem to remember the weight coming in at something like 4750 without fuel. This one I picked up yesterday could end up coming in somewhere between 4650 - 4700 without fuel.