RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Mirage unboxing / body off/ running vid
Old 03-14-2013, 05:01 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Mirage unboxing / body off/ running vid

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I dont think any of the parts are direct clones, but the concept of the parts is copied for sure.
I might try picking up the alloy mounts. They do look pretty close.
well we can say that about almost everything in RC then all buggies look the same for the most part, hell some parts will fit with very minor mods to the next brand. Even most SCT's look like copies of each other.
Now if the parts fit perfectly then they are clones like the king baja is a 1:1 clone of the HPI baja 5b, or those TL-01 clones in australia, or the DF-02 clones we had in the US
I hear ya,
under that definition, the mirage is not a clone.

It did fool the hobby shop employee tho! He thought it was an axial. I loved the look on his face when I said...No, Redcat...LOL.

If anyone has had bad experience with a redcat model in the past, its worth mentioning that they have 4-5 different companies making models for them.
Thus, the quality and build type differs a fair bit between some of the model lines.
The Mirage is a good example, as it shares nothing with any of the other models and has many parts constructed differently than the other models.
Also explaines why the caldera 10e has an ezrun 35a system...while the lighter EPX Pro models have a ezrun 60a system with 540 motor. Im sure it had to do with the options the maker gave Redcat. Otherwise, they would have put the systems the other way around.