RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroworks Extra 260 / 300 / yak 60-90u
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks Extra 260 / 300 / yak 60-90u

Hi,

retiring a GP Reactor 46. I am thoroughly confused between these three airplanes and which engine to put in.

1) Which airplane provides the best 3D capability and is least affected by wind?
1) The FS91 SII in the Reactor is a bit old but dead reliable. Will either if the airplanes be able to use it?
2) I have a spare new 95ax as well
3) Should I get a 110a? I am using one on a Reactor Bipe and its got a lot more power
4) I may move to gas soon. Which airplane would you recommend for gas and 3D? My only concern with gas is the weight- I have already tested the gas setup on a ageing Phoenix Extra 64" which is about the same size. It ended up at 9lb partly due to the reinforcements I added for gas, wing loading was very high and 15-20mm nose heavy. I was never comfortable landing it and 3D was just not possible even for the more experienced pilots. I persisted only to get the setup sorted before I moved to a more expensive airplane. I dont want to have another airplane that is similar
5) Can I use mini size servos such as the Hitec 225MG to save weight?

I am frustrated with it because I couldnt get it to lock into hover at all. Even the expert 3D pilots have to keep moving the sticks all over the place and the wind keeps tossing it around. In any case, after 3years, several deadsticks (in a period that every flight ended in a deadstick), hard landings, several repairs etc, this 3.3+kg airplane may have seen its age

I request if you can guide me in this regard. Right now I cant transport anything over 60" long

Ameyami