RCU Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for those new to RC Flight
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recommendations for those new to RC Flight

"you HAVE hit the nail on the head there! unfortunately since (MOST) segments of the hobby involve airplanes that will hurt you if not properly cared for, it's not USUALLY the best 'teach yourself how' Hobby. I don't see anyone piling scorn... but I DO see (the original poster) an rc pilot with a whopping TWO years of flying under his belt, staring a thread named 'Recommendations for those new to RC Flight"

"NO disrespect is meant towards the original poster, but that is exactly like a second grader telling a Kindergarten kid 'don't listen to what your parents or teachers tell you, here are MY recommendations for how you should learn
"

I know he was talking about the plane.Ijust don't get whatis so "serious" about them. And believe me, I know EXACTLY where jester is coming from. He was one of the guyswho told me I was wasting my time and money. This is what I meant when I made the comment about "eliteism." If the above quote about the second grader isn't scorn I don't know what is. You guys gotta lighten up a bit here. I don't get why this is about the ONLY forum that doesn't budge on the "learn to fly yourself" thing. He has the right to post what he wants as we all have. My concern is that he is being ridiculed by those who think they are better than he. The whole "it is absolutelynecessary to get an instructor to learn to fly an RC plane" is, in this day and age, outmoded and completely untrue. Any RC aircraft of 2 pounds and over is cabable of serious damage to people and property, foamie or not. You think that just because some of us fly strictly foamies that we aren't concerned about safety??? Those of us who do fly exclusively electric are VERY aware of what a 12" prop can do to soft flesh. I find it tiresome and ridiculous that just because someone flies only gas/glow 6 foot +wingspan planes that that person is better than one that flies a 63" wingspan foamie warbird. That my friend, is certainly "eliteism' no matter how you try to whitewash it. I am so glad that my club is not like that.