RCU Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for those new to RC Flight
Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recommendations for those new to RC Flight

You take things out of context. I do know how serious it is flying any RC plane is. My comments were centered around the "this is my serious plane." comments. Look, I am with 95% of what you said. I am just not convinced about that strict adherence to the "you must get an instructor if you want to learn to fly." mantra. I have been on threads where I definately try to get across that RC flying of ANY type of aircraft should not be taken lightly. I have also been on threads (mostly on other forums) where too many folks take the "toy" thing too lightly. Saying that a 2-6 lb foamie is a toy that is incapable of serious damage is irresponsible at best. I was not the first one on this thread to all foamies "toys." Which I assure you I don't believe for a minute. My main focus on this thread is that GBLynden is correct when he states that it IS POSSIBLE to learn to fly an RC aircraft using the planes he listed. That's all. After a while it deteriorates into the "get and instructor' thing and goes downhill from there. I myself, on other forums have often suggested to a rank newbie with that first jet that a better beginner plane was better and they might want to find a club and instructor. But, it is absolutely necessary today.........the answer to that is no.