RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 04:25 AM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia

Thank you Sean...

Access in fuselage will be from three sides, from bottom trough the wing hole, from front when you take down fuselage nose, and from top under cockpit...
Under the nose part will be all switchers and other parts which are always in using. Cockpit will not be need to remove often, but it will be removable. Turbine and tanks will be put on position trough wing hole...

Yesterday I continued my work on G2 fuselage frame. First I was working on the fuselage rear part...

Next was to add first rib on air intake. Thar rib is under angle, but design of the parts allows you to put that rib exactly in position...
First you need to glue rib joiners. Don't forget to pull through that part in the rib...

Than I add few hardwood parts, lower tank holder and turbine carrier...

Next step was to separated fuselage. As you remember, I wasn't glue rear edge of the cockpit plate, so now it wasn't problem to disassemble fuselage. I must do this to put outer wing saddle parts...

Lower part of some ribs will be later cut down, because on that place will come wing. So, I cut edges on some wings to be easier for me to instal parts...

After that I glued fuselage and add side sections for linking...

In mean time few small parts was adding on place...
ECU plate...

...cockpit rear plate...

Finally I start working on front end. First four ribs made structure for removable fuselage part.

I cut off lower ribs parts for easier position. Every rib have slot which placed removable part in the middle.

I add 1 mm plastic plates between rib and fuselage to not gluing it together, and to get nice gap between fuselage and removable part. All pieces first was put in position, and after I saw that everything is OK, I glued it together...

When glue was dry, I separated front end from the fuselage. That was very easy...

Thanks to plastics, gap is same everywhere around of the removable part...

Few more small touches on fuselage and it will be ready for covering with balsa plates...

Regards

Mirce