RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Reactor GP/EP 3D ARF .46-.70
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM
griesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Reactor GP/EP 3D ARF .46-.70

I have an electric reactor with 251 flights on it so far. I use it to practice IMAC Basic. Power is Turnigy L5055C motor ( 1600 watts max), Turnigy Plush 80 amp ESC,
Turnigy 4.0 AH 30C 6S battery and Turnigy 13X8 Beachwood A prop. About 1400 watts at about 60A The plane stalls quicker than a fat wing plane but no tip stall.
This is the best aerobatic plane I have had so far including a bunch of YAK 54's and 55M's. Servos are all Hitec HS 85 MG for light weight. It climbs vertically until I
loose visual orientation. Probably not enough power for 3D but good enough for pattern work. The landing gear has been beefed up and the main gear is excellent.
It flexes quite a bit absorbing bad landing shocks and can move more than 2 inches allowing prop strikes. It always springs back to original shape and has not
required re-bending. I have destroyed 4 props so far mostly stalling while landing in gusty wind conditions. It weighs about 7 pounds with battery. Transmitter is
Hitec Aurora 9 with a 6 channel dual antenna Hitec receiver. I had one crash caused by a well used velcro strap letting the battery go and knocking off the hatch and
unplugging. Fortunately, damage was very light and was easily repaired. This is definitely the best flying plane out of about 40 planes I have owned.