RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia

For easier building intake air channel for turbine, Martin and I made, on 3D drawings, all holes in fuselage ribs with same shape, size and all three are in line. That allow me now to made intake channel very easy, fast, and avoid building it from molds.

Inner wall, of intake channel was made from 3 mm balsa plate. I glued thin plastic foil on balsa and apply silver foil on it...

I glued than that plate in fuselage...

From same plastic I made outer, rounder side. Before I put it in the place, on balsa which was in fuselage, I glued 6 mm tablet on upper and lower side. Between first two ribs I made little bigger connection.
That give lap for plastic edge of outer side.

I glued plastic with ZAP glue...

I want to see how looks tail parts on the fuselage...

Everything fits perfectly...

When I put those parts on fuselage, I saw two things, first, I need to made front part on the rudder from 3 mm ply, not from balsa, and I need to install part which come in front off horizontal stabilizer before I put stabilizer on the fuselage.
So, I done that immediately...

Next was to start planking fuselage. I use 3 mm balsa for that process. First planks was add in line with cockpit and on the edges of two fuselage curve...

Planks are 20 mm wide, and I see that on some places it must be even thinner...

Every plank was wet with hot water and for gluing I use white (carpenter's) glue. This process will take next few days...

Regards

Mirce