RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie to the RC World! Need help before making my first purchase!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:54 PM
slickshoes852

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie to the RC World! Need help before making my first purchase!

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

The HPI Savage is way better than the T-maxx (and revo IMO) Its 1/8th though

Agree on the lx2e seems its a very well liked buggy, and pretty cheap for what you get. Traxxas stuff IMO is 30% higher than what it should be for what you get in the box, but unlike the other brands they have to pay for sponsoring races(I don't mean RC races either). Again 1/8th BUT 1/8th scale buggies are the same size as 1/10th scale SCT's (like the slash) but made way better.

If you plan on a track skip the MT's. The only MT I could say that can potentially be used on a track would be the Traxxas stampede 4X4 if you change out the tires, and body, It is also a very versatile vehicle which people have modded into a pile of things

If looking for a 4wd Short Course truck the Ofna Nexx10SC its a pretty dang strong RC that needs minimal upgrades, and is race-able 4wd short course truck (think its sold in a kit though)

As for batteries and a charger forget that in the package. the batteries, and chargers that come with RTRs absolutelySUCK 99% of the time. And the ones that do include a decent battery for extra you could bu 2-3 better batteries for the price difference

The HPI Savage and Traxxas Stampede looks pretty sweet. It would seem having a high COG with those big trucks would kill the handling on those bad boys, yet they seem perfect for a little more off road action. I like both those options. How much for 4 x4 in each option RTR out of the box?