RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20.....very hard to start (80+ flips)
Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DLE 20.....very hard to start (80+ flips)

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

OK, so could someone explain this reed block modification? I am curious about this one now.
Look here in the PTE thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...25/key_/tm.htm. I have a short scribble on page 22, post 537 and take it back up in post 604, page 25. Onmy PTE36R, the whole reed block was leaking, evidenced by bubbles around the contactareas around the carbwhen running.

I found similar issues in one of my DLE55's a couple years ago and in the DLE35RA reed housing a month ago. In fact the 35RA's housing was sanded concave by the factory and the reeds simply sat above the concavity, After sanding the reed housing flat, the simplest way I found to check for good reed to housing seal is to drip 1 drop of light oil on the edge of the reed. It should wick quickly and evenly all round the sealing surface

And guys, please don't fret taking the rear carb off these engines. It's not a big deal. If you want the most out of these small gassies, you've got to learn to diagnose and fix it yourself