View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Valley View RC Brand Engines

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

ORIGINAL: bcchi

ORIGINAL: sthill

Good morning and Happy Easter! Can anyone tell me if the VVRC 20 is a ''bolt in replacement'' for the DLE 20? My DLE 20's midrange is pretty horrible and I was hoping to get something that was a bit smoother and more reliable. I can use my DLE20 muffler, which is nice, but I'm not sure if I will have to replace the motor mounts, throttle linkage, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
Yes,same bolt pattern as DL-20.I got several more flights on the VV -20 oer the week end.Nice-Nice little engine.I was useing the VV-17x6and 17x8 Props. will try the Xaor next and few other different props. Even a Master Air Screw.I used the DL 20 muffler on the VV 20.
The VV props seem to pull good.I will compare later. Did not even tack the little 20 . Do not no iiiiiiif it will turn with the DL or not,will find out later.It comes with a real NGK-CM 6 spark plug,a Walbro carb. Areal Walbro.Plus it hasthe new RCEXL Ign that has a real timing curve
not just a jump up about 20 degrees and then a sudden timing drop when you throttle down.Like the # 4.Ignition.I am going to run the snot out of this engine.over turn it a little and see I can hurt the rod bearings and crankshaft. But I have had no crank or bearing problem on my DLEs.
20,30.35.50&55RA. I believe it is smother then the DLE running a VV carbon F spinner.I do not want to hear anything about MAS and Zinger props and stiring paint. That statement is getting a little old LOL.
BCCHI AMA 2500. Of course I went flying after Church on Easter Sun.Weather beautiful here no rain or snow or Wind About 60 degrees F.
The last time I was in Seattle I ran into an old friend and ask him where he had been since I hadn't seen him for awhile.
He said he had moved to Wyoming. I asked him if it ever got to -20 degrees there.
Well yes, he said, but its a dry cold.
Is that true?
Yes that is true. I have never seen it below -54 F. Here in Riverton. Does not do that anymore,global warming you no.Was 62 above that is today. Going flying tomorrow.We sure need some snow or rain.My twin brother lives in Bothel.
BCCHI