RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF-Models 2013 Series 3.1m Extra 330SC
Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Dean Bird
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CARF-Models 2013 Series 3.1m Extra 330SC

Before I get started, I wanted to get your thoughts on a few items.
- I have some titanium 3/16” axles available.Any concerns with using titanium axles?I’ve used them on a 123” Aero-Works Extra 260 before.
- I’ve got ¼-20 x 2.25” titanium bolts I can use to mount the engine.Any concerns using titanium engine mount bolts?I’ve used them on a DA 170 mount before.
- I can support the canisters using plywood supports with silicone tubing in the corners or with KS comfort mounts (I think that’s what they call them).I’m guessing the plywood is lighter.Any benefits to the KS mounts over the old school plywood mounts?
- I’d like the simplest, lightest fuel tank setup.I have a Dubro 60 ounce tank that I’m told only weighs 5.1 ounces and should drop right in the plane’s tank tray.I saw a 64 ounce Juicy Juice bottle tank setup that is probably lighter and might fit in the tray.I have two of the WrongWay RC 32 ounce Fiji water bottle tanks.I’m planning on running a single line out of the tank setup to the carbs and then putting a “T” in the line before it gets to the carbs.Any feedback you’ve got on these fuel tank options would be helpful.
Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations!!