RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Losi Micro SCT Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi Micro SCT Thread

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

hey guys, perhaps i can get some pointers here. i have the losi micro truggy currently i have the following installed

aluminum one piece motor mount (HR) brand
57 tooth metal spur
10, 11, 12, 13, tooth metal pinions (using the 13 with the 57 currently)
xceleron 7.4volt lipo

i just picked up the losi 2.4ghz radio, and i have the losi 2.4ghz brushless all in one unit on the way. i wanted to run the 10250kv motor with this board, but the board uses the flat plug that looks like the battery plug to connect the brushless motor, and all of the 10250kv brushless motors i have seen have the 3 bullet plugs on them. so is there a 10250kv brushless motor that i can use with the plug on the board, or should i add plugs to either the motor, or the board myself?

also i was wondering what things should i expect ( other than crazy speed) once i make the transition to brushless, such as what parts are commonly broken/stripped, signs of wear, failures etc. i plan to switch to a 3 wire servo also. thanks to this thread i found out that the xceleron lipo is only 15c discharge, so i made a battery plug adapter that lets me use two of my hubsan x4 lipos in it, which gives me the same 7.4volts, but has a 20c discharge rate. only a slight difference in performance from what i have seen.

anyway, thanks for the help guys
I suspect there is two different motors, with different plugs... mine has the bullet connectors, but mine is a stand alone ESC

all u can say is watch out running hte 10250kv motor and start with some low gearing, and adjust gearing to temp and initial takeoff speed.

dont even worry about that the discharge rate is... the exceleron only draw 3a continusly and 9a max.... [:'(]

to work out the discharge, devide the mah rating by 1000, then times it by the C rating

im using a 350mah 20c.... that can deliver 7a continuous well above the 3a.

one way to look at is, if i need to move 3 bricks, and my wheelborrow can carry 20 bricks its not going to make it any faster to move the 3 bricks when compared to using a 4 brick wheelborrow

Sorry for the late response im doing a bellcrank conversion on my SCT