RCU Forums - View Single Post - ABC hobby ?
Thread: ABC hobby ?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
nixzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABC hobby ?

Thanks for checking the fit of the MR2 body, that's a big help! I didn't know about the Naked USR version, thanks for sharing! It's definitely the way to go if I get a Genetic, but they're hard to find, I've only managed to find some for sale on forum classifieds.So, the Goose with the MR2 body was a bit of a no-brainer as it's sold ARTR for around $170 (toysonics). However, if I'm just putting the MR2 shell on a chassis, should I look into Tamiya's (or any other manufacturer's) M chassis' as well? It seems like the ABC Hobbies models would outclass a Tamiya, especially if I went with the Genetic (AFAIK Tamiya doesn't offer a 4WD M chassis?), but I'm worried about finding parts. Are there any other M class cars I don't know about that might give me a better balance of performance and parts availability?Lol, ironically I was checking to see if I might be able to use the body on my Traxxas Rally, and found that while the MR2 body won't fit on the Rally, you CAN use a Rally body on the Genetic, you just need offset wheels. That made me wonder, do these cars use 1/10 wheels/tires, or do they have their own specific size?