RCU Forums - View Single Post - inside look at 60 novarossi and OS 61 sx-h engine with nelson AAC sleeve and piston
Old 04-20-2013, 09:25 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: inside look at 60 novarossi and OS 61 sx-h engine with nelson AAC sleeve and piston

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

Back when that SXH was new I ran one with the Nelson/Shadel AAC piston and liner. I ran it without any mods except for an additional .010 head shim. I ran one of the Miniature A/C U pipes and header with a 3'' headed extension making the header about 8''. It was run with Coolpower 30% heli fuel in a X-cell 60. Geat engine, had good manners and was enough to get the heli to 92 MPH in pod and boom configuration.

My current Rossi .45 has the Turbo crank. I'm not sure how much it adds but that engine has always performed well. It spins an APC 9.5X7 pylon prop from 15,800 to 16,200 depending on the conditions.
I recently finished working over rossi for a guy over in england, 19,000 + rpm on the stand with a apc 8.8x8.75 .............should be a quick little bugger in a slippery air frame