RCU Forums - View Single Post - esc burned?
Thread: esc burned?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:14 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: esc burned?

ORIGINAL: hemlock1

Can I use a glacier lipo, 2c, 5300mAh, 35c, battery in the stock setup (35 amp esc) redcat caldera sc 10e, without changes or problems with the fan, motor, esc, etc.?

Thanks in advance. I am a 57 year old that ie going through his 2nd (maybe 3rd) childhood and things have really changed since I was racing my Associated RC 10 in the 80's!
yes, all of the redcat 1/10 Brushless models can run a 2s lipo out of the box. Running a brushless motor on a nimh battery is like running a drag car on pump gas. Putting in a 2s lipo will really wake up the motor and show its full potential.

Brushed motors can be run on a 2s lipo but it shortens their life. I got 10 or 15 2s packs thew my brushed SC10 before the motor started to lose power.

Most brushed ESC's can handle 2s lipo power. But in the case of the brushed EPX models, the ESC will not handle 2s lipo for long. I have done it, but I had a better ESC ready to install incase the stock one burnt up.

Sorry again shemesh for not reading your 1st post more closely. for the EPX models, a 7.2v nimh must be used. One with more MAH can be run, but not more voltage. A 2s lipo is more voltage. The only way to use a 2s lipo in the EPX is to replace the ESC.