RCU Forums - View Single Post - RECEIVER AND BATTERY TOGETHER?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 10:36 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RECEIVER AND BATTERY TOGETHER?

ORIGINAL: aerografix
What is your thoughts on this Steve....or anyone for that matter.
Phil says it well. You don't need a switch as long as your replacement method is more reliable. It all depends on what you are replacing ti with. A straight piece of wire is the most reliable, but then there is no way to turn it off [:'(]. A fuse would work well if the fuse fits the connector well, stays tight, and makes good contact.

I'd prefer to run two swtiches along with two batteries. That solves the switch problem by having a redundant configuration, as well as adding some redundancy with the second battery as well. My second option, would be to just use a high quality swtich like the heavy duty JR Charge switch, or similar (see http://www.giantscalerc.com/technical-switches.htm for details on the JR Charge switch). My last choice would be the fuse, because its another thing I need to carry around with me, and if I lost it or its spares, I couldn't fly the airplane that day. The fuse socket would need to be changed out every so often, but I do that with my swtiches anyway, so thats a moot point. I don't see any issues with the fuse and vibration, but Phil pointed out the insertions issue.