RCU Forums - View Single Post - 200mph electric delta brainstorming
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 200mph electric delta brainstorming

very true, but unless your useing the $400+ motors even the 700heli motors have a hard time with the tq required to spin these supper high rpms.

On the T600 at 12,500 its pulling around 120amps at wot with a nitro prop its about 25-30amps higher with less rpm, and the fact im already useing 12pich well that means slower.

On the Eflite 700 Heli motor at the 14,500rpm is pulling around 160amps for a few sec at wot, need to get a amp gauge that slides over the wire. But I tried a 11X12 nitro apc prop and only got 13,000 rpms and the motor did not like it. so Im sure the amps were way high!

The only carbon fiber props that I can find don't have that high of a pich and require more rpm.

The issue with that is most of the larger out runners are even lower kv, most of your 600 heli motors are in the 800kv range wich dose not have the torq

and your 700 heli motors are in the 500kv or lower, so then you need way more cells to get the rpm back up.

SO like in my exsample above one motor is on 6s, and the othere on 12s with only 2k rpm increse,

I know it can be done, Im trying to find the right combo my self and would love to learn from otheres.

But as these deltas he is talking about are smaller thrust will not be such a issue, as my Hanger 9 jackel on the 12 set up weights 8.5 pounds and is makeing a little over 9 pounds of thrust to pull that airframe to its max prop speed.

The so if I had a smaller bird I would go with a smaller 9in prop wich will give a lot more rpm, but less thrust.
I so If you find a better motor combo please shair, I would love to know.

I cant find my numbers but I know I spent/wasted money on the largest 90mm EDF Het motor and was suck with 7-8in props to get the pich speed I want, wich was low on thrust due to small dia