RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 08:56 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Front Landing Gear Doors

The front landing gear doors supplied with Top Flite Corsairs (BOTH kits: 'red box' and Glod Edition) are not very scale in profile and size. Specifically, they are smaller and more squared than true scale. The drawing in this post is for scale gear doors, for those of you who want to remain as true to scale as possible.
I have found using scale doors to be a little difficult tho. For one thing, they are wider than the retract bay, and will probably require some widening of that area if you want them to look right when retracted. They also present some clearance problems with the wheels, depending on how long your struts are and what size wheels you use.
Therefor, I have designed my own gear doors, which are more scale than the Top Flight Flite ones but not true scale, and which will fit into the retract wells with no clearance issues. The choice here is yours: I have supplied the drawing to make scale ones if you want, OR make ones which are more scale than the Top Flite versions but which are easy to install.

This drawing, like the others, is 1/8 scale/ actual scale size for Top Flight (and Royal) .60 size Corsairs. In order to print it correct size, you may need to download it first, then open it in a program such as Adobe Photo Deluxe, and print it from there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75699.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	62463