RCU Forums - View Single Post - Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
islandflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

wyo69cowboy
As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I'm not currently a PAU customer, but I'm still glad they are standing up for their right to conduct their business in the manner which has worked for them as they see fit
Thank you!
Comparing a service company (like flooring installation) is irrelevant: the time spent to help someone (usually billable) does not deprive an existing customer from buying in the future a part he needs.
If any thing, this thread had brought confidence to potential customers: I just got a couple of calls from guys who are pre-ordering our new models from the container currently at sea. They really appreciated knowing that they will have parts when they need them. They tell me that this service is greatly lacking in some other companies.

Now, lets just step out of the RC world for a minute:
Joe is staying at a West Hotel. The next day, he wants room service for breakfast, but the kitchen has shut down. Joe wants breakfast.
Across the street is a Hilton: Joe calls the Hilton to get room service to deliver breakfast to his room.
Joe will not get room service from the Hilton. "Why not"? Its legal and he has the money! Answer: because he is not their customer. If he asks politely on the phone, the room service attendant probably will tell him that there is a restaurant near by that serves a decent breakfast.

As far as helping fellow RC pilots: I have helped many local pilots with their non-PAU airplanes, but they cannot buy the parts that are reserved to our customers.
At big events where we have PAU pilots (Futaba XFC, Tucson Aerobatic Shootout, Clover Creek invitational Championship, Joe Nall), I have also helped other companies' team pilots as well average pilots. But that has never potentially deprived a PAU customer from getting the parts he might need later.

By the way, if parts were not that big a deal, would this thread even exist? Maybe one of the lesson givers here should put his money where his mouth is, and start a parts business. And I will truly, sincerely wish yo great success!

I have received many messages of approval and support from people who will not come out here and risk getting slaughtered; To those, thank you!

In the mean while, right now I need to handle the processing of an cowl order for BME 30% Edge I (discontinued long before PAU came to life) . They really appreciate that I still had that cowl in stock!
Then I will get busy preparing for Joe Nall: if you go, please come and see us and say hello.

Over and out!