RCU Forums - View Single Post - ABC hobby ?
Thread: ABC hobby ?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM
ToraKitsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABC hobby ?

Oh, no....Atomik makes good stuff....It's HKS Hobby that's sketchy. I wouldn't take the chance of ordering from them anymore, and the VM II is only available through them, it seems. Are you talking brushed or BL? I recommend, for brushed, just about anything, since the Genetic will run on any combo, but for BL, I recommend LRP's Spin Super/LRP Vector combo, but those are $130. It's what I'm using now, in 13.5T, and it screams. The Spin's ESC can be adjusted to 50%, so it's fine for drift, too! I have used Traxxas' XL-5, with an Orion 15T motor, in brushed, and that worked well, and it's close to $75, maybe a little more for the combo, but like I say, just about anything will work, which makes the flexibility of the Genetic one of it's best selling points. If you're doing grip driving with it, adjust about 2 degrees negative camber on all four wheels, and if using the stock front diff, tighten it up pretty tight. That will help the Genetic track better at speed, and corner harder. Just adjust the rear diff till it doesn't slip, and it's fine. Yup.....ABC bodies are some of the best detailed bodies available for "M" class. Not even Tamiya makes as many different types, and they ask waaaay more for theirs, than ABC does.