RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 AM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

ORIGINAL: John Redman

The weight comparison from the ancient 150 size sport P-51 from Hangar 9 is not a comparable. Yea the size is similar but that is about it. 2 ounce Chinese 3 inch tires on that plane to a pair of Robart 5 inch aluminum solid rubber tires on the corsair that weigh in at almost 9 ounces a piece. My point is the old Mustang was a sport model with no real scale options of accuracy on it. This one is a serious warbirds by all accounts. It handles the weight real well. If you like to fly quality warbirds you will love this model.
I have the 150 size they sell now and I have robart electric retracts with 4" ESM aluminum wheels and I still come is under 16 pounds. But like I said I am most likely going to pull the trigger on this one. The wing loading does not bother me it just surprises me. I have ESM warbirds. And my 74" inch corsair comes in at 19+ pounds. It flys well. I do like the scale of this plane and all the extras that you get. I also like a poster above wonder if the 84cc gas that saito has would fit or will OS have a good sized gas out by then.