RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. GF40 4st gas
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: O.S. GF40 4st gas

ORIGINAL: MKnutson

I also have the Saito FG-57T gas twin, and am not totally impressed with the design quality. The cams run almost dry, very little lube gets up there so I oil them after every flying session.
That is why I liked the particular design of the OS, the way the oil blowby mist is circulated thruogh the engine and up through the rockers then into the intake.
I will keep you all posted how it runs and flies the super sportster. I'll try and get some numbers with different props.

Mark.
You can do the same thing to your FG57 W/some check valves.

You will have to dismantle the engine to drill & tap a breather nipple in the case between the cams.

Then, use an inlet only check in the rear breather & an outlet only check inbetween the cams.

The FA300TTDP was set up that way to pressureize the gas tank to feed the dual carbs that are mounted high above the fuel tank cenerline.

The breather air will enter through the rear check valve & be forced to the area between the cam housings.

You could also probably put breather nipples in the exhaust rocker covers & run lines from them to a "T" & then to an inline check valve in the outlet line.