RCU Forums - View Single Post - C/L Flying movies
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
SnApRoLl-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C/L Flying movies

ORIGINAL: skylark-flier

SnApRoLl !! Got no idea where you found this but it's one of the best old videos I've seen - OUTSTANDING!!!!

Sure brings back some memories of just how terrible some of those old planes really flew in 1962. Still have my PT-19 and Spitfire from that period - and they still fly ... but I'd NEVER try that inverted flight with the wings they have.

Yeah, cool video.

Dave
Thanks. I just did a search on you tube.
Yeah I know what you mean about not trying inverted flight with those old plastic planes. Some of those planes barely flew well let alone doing any stunts. I remember the old Testors Barnstormers and you could buy a little metal U shaped piece that clipped on to the rear of the fuse so you could "fly stunts" it didn't work out too well. It just made the plane too tail heavy.
I also have some of those old planes as well. I have a never flown COX Fokker DR1 and a never flown Testors Sopwith Camel and not so old (1995) New In Box COX 50th Anniversary .020 powered Pitt's bipe. 98% of my collection of old stuff are tether cars from COX Testors, Pagco and OK Cub