RCU Forums - View Single Post - durable 1/10 touring car?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 AM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: durable 1/10 touring car?

May I recommend the Associated Apex? I run at a mainly Tamiya track... with a few of us running Associated & a few with HPI's. The Tamiya's I think are good cars & durable, but right out of the box (unless you drop some $$) they come bottom line for the money imho. What I do not like mainly is the corner cutting of not having bearings in wheels or tranny in some cases. Bushings.... & even worst, plastic bushings, should not be an option. That being said, they are made for the track, so keep that in mind... they are good track cars with lots and lots of availability for parts, so not a bad decision. HPI falls under some of these corner cuts too.

When it comes to belt or shaft driven? .... well,... I prefer shaft for the maintenance reasons. Less maintenance = more play time.

I am going to throw some Thunder Tiger out there too.... these seem to run real nice too. They have one that is rear wheel drive (single belt) which is fun to drive. They seem durable & their price is right. Tower seems to carry plenty of their parts as well. Just another option.

I hope this helps & keep in mind, I am not bashing any car make, just giving some opinions. It comes down to what & how you like to drive. Have fun.