RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a pilots license?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Fly RC II
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I get a pilots license?

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: Fly RC II

Not a bad idea if you have a good job, but right now you should be thinking about college or what you want to do when you graduate HS. First things first.

Food for thought.
I don't want to go to college unless the job I want requires it, so many people go with no idea what they want to do and are left with huge loans and no job, my cousin is a prime example, she went to a very nice college for 4-6 years (cant remember) and now works in a pizza restaurant because she can't find a better job, it seems a college degree means less now than it used to. Iv'e never been able to think of a realistic job I would like to have for long term, except now I thought an aircraft mechanic or something similar would be nice, and while a pilots license probably isn't required for that I'm sure it would help to get a job like that.
You can't wait to determine college when the job you want requires it. You will be behind the eight-ball. The economy will not be like this for very long. It will be a roller coaster ride all your life. You have to think of the long term investment. Your cousin will be ahead in the long-run because she made the investment. She will land sooner or later but the pizza place is just something you have to do in the interim.

I didn't intend to stray off topic but don't down-play a college education at this point in your life. You have plenty of time to make the decisions as to what you want to do, but the higher percentage of successful young adults go to college - this is a life-long investment. Think of it as 60 plus years you have to look forward to (or more!!) my two younger kids are in college now and my son works at Walgreens. My daughter is holding down 3 jobs and going to undergrad school as well - they have to make money.

I'm sure you're mom and dad have similar ideas I have given you here but ultimately its your life to live once you are old enough (past 21) to make your own decisions. That's when it becomes a little more difficult to deal with. Hang in there, you will make the right choices.