RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yet another Yellow Spitfire build thread
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM
AZThud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yet another Yellow Spitfire build thread

Hi Chad Iam very much looking forward to working with you on this one, I can speak to the details of the power system and why electric. Istarted flying RC with NiCd batteries and a foam cub, as I progressed with bigger planes Istayed with Electric, its what Iknow and what Istarted with. As the motors and batteries progressed in size so did my planes. I currently have flying a pretty good Electric fleet, all these fly typically for 8 minutes and have reserve for another 4 if needed.

ESM Swordfish 85 or so inches
ESM LA-7 80 inch
ESM P-39 - in the shop 90% done with 90% left to go :-) Stole that line from Chad, I have been posting progress on the ESMP-39 thread.
H9 - P-47 RazorBack
BH T-28 79 inch
Aeroworks Sport Cup 110 inch
and several others, please don't tell my wife !

So an Electric Spitfire only seems to make sense, one thing for sure there will not be any holes in the cowl so the outline will not be affected.

The Power for the Spit will be the RimFire 65 CC running on 12S with 8,000 mah batteries. The speed control will be a Castle Creations 120 HV and the prop will be in the 20 X 13 range. This combination will provide 10 minute flights with some reserve and should yield speeds in the area of 90 MPH. This will not be a speed deamon but the goal is for a scale build which will be flown scale with scale speeds. The Gear is Seirra but the actuators are a set of Lado 666 that I had from another project.

Cheers,

Rick