RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yet another Yellow Spitfire build thread
Old 06-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Yet another Yellow Spitfire build thread

ORIGINAL: wphilb

Looking forward to this build for sure. Having Chad products available for the YA Spitfire will make building another one very attractive to me.

Since you are going electric, why not go the counter-rotating route? Very, very few of those out there and the sound is very distinctive.

Whit
Thanks Whit, glad to have you onboard. I would love nothing more than to put counter-rotaters on this thing but the call is not mine to make. Actually, if I can ever put enough pennies in my piggy bank to purchase the counter-rotating power system it will go in one of these:

ORIGINAL: Ron101

As a lover of electric flight I look forward to seeing this one fly!
very cool
Me too Ron! Thanks for checking in.

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro
Here you go Chad I had these of your Spit from Airliners.net
I think we're going to duplicate the original wartime version rather than the restored one in the pics. I think Rick is looking forward to the weathering process and I know I prefer my warbirds with a bit of "patina". Besides that, we plan to compete and the restored one is a Mk.XIX which would require moulding a new canopy. I do like the PRU blue and intended to paint my first Yellow Spit in those colors but ended up selling the bird before it was finished. Thanks for the all the Mk.IX pictures too!