RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. Engines now made in China
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
JKinTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S. Engines now made in China

ORIGINAL: blw

As some of you will notice right away, posts were deleted for being completely off topic for too long, having comments simply to bash someone or China, having political comments, and to criticize someone (me).

If you read anywhere around any of the engines forums you will find where we do drift away from the original topic in a fun and/or interesting way.....to a point. Then, we have to get back on track for the sake of the original poster and members. Believe it or not, but moderators get tons of complaints when things get too far off topic by members who are following along. This one has turned ugly. And too political. And pointless.

There are a number of things that can spin off of the original theme. Workmanship. QC. Prices. All, of this being informative and interesting.

A lot of posters are just getting things wrong. You can find the websites that offer manufacturing services out of China. The Chinese manufacturers give you rates, production estimates, options, etc. If you want something cheap and cheaply made, they will earn your dollar. Likewise, it is obvious that you can hire out for high quality goods too and they will certainly earn your money by giving what you order and pay for. I'll bet my ex wife and all that she got out of me that most of the cheapness we see in products is because someone over here in the U.S. ordered it just for that reason.

I am like one poster who pointed out- I'm not a Chinese engine lover but I'm not a Chinese engine basher either.

Lastly, for those who looked up my profile information since they actually thought it somehow pertinent to this thread, those numbers are the default ones that RCU put in when I joined. I'm just too lazy to tinker with it and don't really care what it says.
Go watch "War of the Arrows"...