RCU Forums - View Single Post - New guy getting back into RC
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New guy getting back into RC

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I haven't spent a single thing on my wifes traxxas mini and it goes hard??? even with the kids driving it. (Brushless Ken Block rally car)

what on earth are u guys doing to them? are u braking parts or just replacing them?

The knuckles plastic o-piece just popped out. Seriously I had maybe 20 mins run time on it (5 mins brushless 15 mins brushed), and was wondering why the wheel was wobbling bad. Tried pushing the piece back in it popped out again before I could even get the wheel on. Was gonna get the RPM ones, but a few ppl told me they were worst then the stock traxxas ones so I ended up getting the GPM aluminum ones.
My front had a slight crack at the thin part that holds the front bulkhead which is why I got the brace off thetoyz(hated how the t-bone brace looked). Didn't replace the chassis as it wasn't broken through yet figured the brace would hold it together if worst came to worst

Figured hell while I had the knuckles off might as well put RPM arms on cause whats $14 more.
Stock merv bumpers looked gimpy as hell IMO, and I couldn't stand their looks so the RPM ones were mainly for aesthetics.
Also didn't like how it ran on the brushless setup(spent more time flipping it over in 5 mins then my savage at a BMX park for 40mins) so I ended up converting it to brushed(but didn't count that n the cost), and threw in the center diff kit. (IMO the mervs COG is too high for BL)

Edit: Forgot to say what I did. Driving it on the sidewalk, some short grass, and jumping it off a curb. That is it.