RCU Forums - View Single Post - Filtering Glow Fuel.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:20 AM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Filtering Glow Fuel.

ORIGINAL: bjr_93tz

ORIGINAL: KaP2011

You have droplets of water on the inside top of the jug when you get down around a quart or so.
I get that all the time, methanol will evaporate out of the fuel and condense on the container walls forming droplets just like water in a plastic bottle, just give it a shake and don't worry about it unless you really notice the engine isn't running properly.

There's no way that water is evaporating out of your fuel and forming those drops. Distilling water out of Methanol is not that easy...

That's interesting, I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday. I know that if I fill my truck 1/2 full and let it sit for a week, it runs crappy and rattles very badly. I wonder if something similar is happening,I've read somewhere that the ethonol will seperate from the gasolene if allowed to sit for awhile.I always thought the droplets in the glowfueljug were water droplets.

The idea with the "Mr Funnel" is a good one. I remember useing one of those in the past when fueling heavy equipment from a tank in a pick-up. Amazon has them for about$19, I'll have to order one.