RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 05:13 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia

Tomorrow I will finally go to my friend workshops for painting and paint blue color on model.

Unfortunately I need more time to prepare all parts. Wing was relatively easy to prepare...

I forget to apply masc for insignia so I add it later. It's not on this pictures...

On fuselage I have more work to do. Front, removable part get clear plastic...

Biggest work was on canopy. Old canopy, which I made few weeks ago, now I used for template for new canopies, I got few days ago. This new canopy are made from 1 mm thick plastic, and are quite sturdy.

After I trim and fix new canopy on frame, I must apply vinyl masc for glass areas. Template I get from our 3D drawing, so I cut every glass separately and glue it...

First I put all glasses and fix it with tape.

When I measure all distance I apply front and two side glasses. I mark exactly position for every glass masc...

Next was glass in the middle of the canopy. After measure, I fix it on the top of the canopy and glue firs one, than other side...

For two biggest glasses I first made frame from 3M thin tape and fill it with paper tape... For tis operation you must have good eye and steady hand...

Finally I apply screws around of the glasses, like it was on real Galeb G2. I forget to made picture of this details...

Canopy is now ready for painting in blue. After that process I'll remove templates and canopy will be clear with blue frame...

Last job was to made templates for pilot name, registration, flag...
Some of this letters and decals I made in my firm for acro group Stars Galebs, so it was easy for me, I just need to find files in my PC and scale it down on 1/5 size...

Rudder...

So, that's it for today. Tomorrow morning I hope model will be complete paint... Cant wait...

Regards

Mirce