RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:12 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~

So here's my story,...I'll be honest, I'm new to planes. But I've done cars for years. So, last January, I wanted to get into planes. I got sick of my truggy breaking, so I saved up, and went to the LHS. I wanted to get the Flyzone Sensei, but they gave me a few lectures. One of the major reasons I took to getting a plane that the LHS carried, was that they carried the parts right there, and I wouldn't have to order them. So I took the Radian. I've been happy with it so far. I've flown it a few times, crashed it 40ft in a tree, 10ft in another tree, and 30ft in another tree. Throughout all that, I made 9 perfect landings, 5 OK landings, and 3 Ground hits. All of those had GREAT take offs. So I took it home, and used Gorilla Glue to fill the chips in the wings. Then I sanded it down, painted the yellow Gorilla Glue white, and sanded it again, then gave it a clear coat. Yesterday, I took it down to the neighbors where I fly. (He has 15 acres of field with 2 large cedar trees on one side, and forest surrounding the field. There's really on one side of the field, only about 30ft of forest, and then it's the main highway. (US-31. It is usually mistaken with (US-131) So I can actually soar high over the highway.) I put the plane in his OLD barn where he lets me store it. It's sitting next to an old restored Lincoln Car. The thing is perfected. We had some storms today though, so I went down and checked to make sure it wasn't getting wet, as the building is so old, that there's air gaps between the vertical board siding. It wasn't wet, but we had an even worse storm after that, that caused a little flash flooding. I'm a bit worried about it getting wet, because I don't want the foam to soak up any water, and become heavy. I just hope it stays safe. I'll try to go down and fly it tomorrow night, if the wind stays calm...