RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-16 High end transmitter is in!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Jeti DS-16 High end transmitter is in!

Hi,

I just got the speedo in and are seting it up. We have suggested a speed limiter, both top speed and stallspeed. The good thing is that Jeti are open minded and listen to good idéas and do implement them in comeing softwares.

I have mine setup to trigger the voice with the accelerometer. Tilt right and it reads time, fuel level and so on. Accelerometer is fun, I have the wheel breaks setup so I just tilt the Tx towards me to break

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zoGJnWLcA[/youtube]

Telemetry don't always deliver plesant news haha, scheiße!

ORIGINAL: Gordon W

Hi Henke

After reading this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm I decided to see if the Spektrum DX-18 telemetry ASI could help me to set a jet at around the correct approach speed when landing. The system can be set to beep at a chosen minimum speed, which in the case of my Nano Boomerang I've chosen to be 39mph. If the speed falls below 39mph it keeps on beeping, and if speed rises above 39mph again, the beeper stops. Very crude, but handy for achieving an approximate good landing speed in the very variable strong and gusty winds we get around our neck of the woods. In practice, I use the Tx shaker rather than the beeper for the warning so as not to disturb other flyers, and find that once the speed has dropped enough to activate the warning, putting the plane down where I want it is easier to judge than it used to be without the telemetry indication. FWIW, the normal max airspeed doing ordinary aerobatics is around 125mph, whereas the fastest I've managed to get the thing diving (from 1498ft) is 149mph, so the Nano is no speed freak, but matches my reactions OK!

I see that the DS-16 telemetry will do the same thing as my DX-18 arrangement, but also note that there's a voice call-out for the DS-16 telemetry values which may well equate to the system described in the above-mentioned thread.

I'd be interested to know you or anyone else has tried the DS-16's voice call-out in conjunction with airspeed. If so, can the voice output be inhibited above a given airspeed whilst giving a continuous commentary below that figure, and is the voice repeat rate fast enough to follow changes in airspeed?

One more thing. Is the Jeti system stable, or is Jeti issuing software updates every few months like some other R/C manufacturers?

Cheers

Gordon