RCU Forums - View Single Post - SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned
Old 06-29-2013, 05:31 AM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned

I think you have just been unlucky, these hirobo helicopters are superb. I flew in F3C a few years ago and was thinking about it again and would use my sceadu in a heartbeat, it just flies sooooo good.I changed the screws that hold the frames together with 35mm cap head bolts and nyloc nuts as I found it difficult to get the frames tight enough.....which might be why you were having problems with the boom moving forward and causing the belt to go slack. It may also be causing vibration because the frames cant 'clamp' the main shaft bearings. I also moved the gyro to the front as I felt it was less affected by any vibration that was present. Your the first person that I have heard say they don't like the low height skids, I think they look great !!! and I use a perry pump mounted on the bottom of the right hand frame. Once you have worked it all out, you will love it, it's an absolute jewl. I would also recommend a maximum headspeed of 1800 - 1850 rpm as there is little benefit in going any higher unless your flying extreme hardcore 3D with a lot of pitch pumping.